Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-25 18:50:44

Robert Ramey wrote:
>>From the regression.py --help I don't see a way to do this
> with having my system either download a tarball or update
> from SVN. What I want to do is just run the regression
> test on my system with my current setup and without forwarding
> the results (I assume that this latter is obtained with
> --dont-send-bjam-log).

You, probably, meant: "withOUT having my system either ..."

Here is how you can run tests in separate steps:

python regression.py get-source ... # downloads tarball
python regression.py setup ... # builds bjam, process_jam_log, ...etc
python regression.py test ... # runs tests
python regression.py collect-logs ... # creates XML log
python regression.py upload-logs ... # uploads logs

"..." is switches you usually specify on regression.py command line.
Different commands above require different switches (for example, you
don't need --runner on get-source command), but it is not an error to
specify them all on every command.

I guess, what you need is:

python regression.py test ...
python regression.py collect-logs ...