Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-14 14:07:22

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> At what point do we merge trunk/tools into branches/release/tools?
>>>
>>> Because a lot of improvements and bug fixes have been made in various
>>> tools, I'd like to do that right away.
>>>
>>> That does mean that any subsequent changes to the trunk/tools that
>>> should go in 1.35.0 will have to be merged.
>>>
>>> Comments?
>> Hm... We don't need to merge. The point of the changes I'm doing to
>> regression.py is to allow one to use the trunk tools to test any branch
>> (with the one limitation of having to use Boost.Filesystem from the
>> tested branch).
>
> But we want to test the tools on the release branch!

Yes, I did say *any* branch.

> How else will we know they work?

We run tests on the trunk. When that's working we tell the script to
test the release branch. There's no need to merge the tools until both
of those pass/work. Right now you can't test if the tools will work on
testing the release branch without breaking the release branch (and
possibly the trunk). I'm changing that so that we can test the
regression tools independent of the branch they are testing. Hence I can
test if they work on the trunk, and then test they work on the release.

> We have to merge them sooner or later, if they are to go
> in the 1.35.0 release.

That's a separate question...

* Do we want to include the tools in the release?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com