Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-18 16:55:49

David Deakins <ddeakins <at> veeco.com> writes:

> JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z wrote:
> > Hello, the aforementioned configuration and lib seem to be failing
> > at Boost.MultiIndex test test_key_extractors, but the run-time output
> > is little helpful (http://tinyurl.com/28qsa7 )
[...[
> I got a chance to look into this failure and the problem was a stack
> fault. Apparently the test_key_extractors function was overflowing the
> default 64K stack. I increased the stack size to 128K and the test
> completed successfully.

Hello Dave, thank you very much for taking a look at this!
Well, I'm glad to know the thing can be solved so easily, but
I'm still not 100% confident, because a 64KB stack ought to be
enough for the program to run, given that there are no recursive
calls in it. I measured the maximum occupation of the stack under
Windows XP and, if I did the calculations right, it's around
9KB... In case you are able to inspect the stack when the
crash occurs and see if it really got that big I'll be
very grateful to know. If you are not in a position to invest
more time in this I guess I'll classify it as an X-file :-/
Either way, thank you for your time,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com