Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-23 10:13:09

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> Rene,
>>>
>>> it looks like your changes didn't help to speed up the process. In the
>>> contrary, the update cycle now takes more than 6 hours, AFAICT. For
>>> example, the last update of the trunk results has been at 02:37:35 UTC, the
>>> current time is 09:56:52 UTC.
>>>
>>> Could you please check whether something is amiss?
>> My local times have the cycle at about 3.5 hours now, not much of an
>> improvement :-( What you are observing though is misleading. You have to
>> look at the difference between the release results I post to see the
>> real interval. So if you only look at the trunk timestamps you'll need
>> to divide by 2.
>
> I see, so the update goes like this:
>
> while (true):
> update trunk results
> update release results

more like...

while(true):
   generate & publish trunk results
   test trunk
   generate & publish trunk results
   test release

And Beman likely does the inverse of that :-)

> Forgive my (probably very naive) question, but why is it actually taking
> that long to generate the results? After all, it's just parsing through a
> few log files and generating a number of HTML pages. ;-)

It *could* be fast... If the report generation just wasn't written in
XSL ;-) One rather slow part is packaging the results up for upload, as
it takes a fair amount of CPU to zip+bzip2 1.2G of HTML, and then upload
130M. Keep you hopes up though, there's one more change I can do (this
time to regression.py) that will shorten things a little bit more. But
if anyone has some brilliant ideas as to how to make the result
processing faster don't hesitate to implement them.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com