Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] pathscale 3.1 reporting problems?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-16 21:23:44

Christopher Cambly <ccambly <at> ca.ibm.com> writes:

> > This test is expected to fail (it tests how Boost.Test handles
> > division by zero)
> > and if it's not this is an error. That's all.FWIW I'm not a fan of this
test. >  xlC/PPC hardware does not trap on div.  We can fix it easy by adding an
option > to generate a trap and did so in Boost 1.34.1 but never bothered for
the Boost > development line.

Not sure I follow this comment. You changed compiler only for boost 1.34.1? Or
you changed toolset? Why not generate this trap always?

That said, division by zero is just another error condition Boost.Test is trying
to catch and properly report. If you opt not to generate it, you can always mark
this test as intentionally failing.

Gennadiy

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com