From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-16 05:39:22

> I'm trying to compile Boost 1.28.0 using Borland C++ 5.5.1 with the
> STLPort 4.5.3 STL. I get the following errors on files which include
> the regex/config.hpp file:

OK, I've had to patch boost/config/stdlib/stlport.hpp to support that
configuration, modified source is in the cvs as usual (I've attached it to
this mail as well).

> If I build w/o STLPort, things seem OK. The regex static libraries
> are placed in a "runtime-link-dynamic" directory. Threads, on the
> other hand, has that directory as well as a "runtime-link-static"
> directory variation. Does the directory name imply which version of
> the compiler's RTL is required when linking w/ that version of the
> Boost library? And is there a reason that regex didn't have
> a "runtime-link-static" directory and associated static library
> created? I want to statically link the RTL and boost w/ my app.

Yes, "runtime-link-static" means the dll C-runtime and runtime-link-static
means the static C-runtime. The latter isn't built by default by the
Jamfiles (although it is by the supplied makefiles for regex -- I would
recommend that you use these if you can with C++ Builder as it makes linking
easier- see the regex introductory docs). If you want to use Jam then there
should be a command line option to pass to Jam to get it to build static
runtime versions (you will want to turn on threading support as well if you
are using the MT-runtime) but I'm not familiar enough with Jam to be able to
just tell you what it is.

> Finally, how do I go about creating just a single boost library (so I
> can try building threads w/ STLPort w/o encountering the regex
> errors).

Isn't that what you have now - thread lib built and ready to go?

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm