From: Russell Hind (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-16 04:09:33

"Phil Nash" <phil.nash.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Can I add my voice to the list of very interested parties? :-)
> On my current project we ended up using a low level api wrapper and
building
> our own higher level wrapper on top. But it was all pretty common stuff.
> Unfortunately what we have done now is under company IPR (although it
would
> need extra work to be boostifed anyway).
> A sockets library would definitely be very welcome.
> Also, I believe it would be a necessariy groundwork for some of the higher
> level thread library related proposals for further down the line.

Is boost going to start treading on the toes of ACE with these libraries? I
don't mind, its always nice to have a choice, but ACE already provides these
libraries, and most of the other boost libraries seem very different to what
ACE provides so why not stay that way? I'm quite happy to use both
libraries in our projects.

Cheers

Russell