From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-16 20:31:55

"srivatsan raghavan" <machinshin2002_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> i'm having problems w/ vc6 and python..
> i'm trying to compile examples\getting_started2.cpp
> and it compiles , but i get like 23 warnings, and when
> i throw the getting_started2.dll into the python
> syspath (specifically in
> C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\ )
> i get errors form the example\test_getting_started2.py
>
> what am i doing wrong? :/

Looks to me as though instead of following the instructions at
www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html you are trying to build some
other way.

If you need to use some other build system, try it first with "bjam -d+2
...", examine the command-lines generated by Boost.Build, and ensure that
your build system is passing the same options to the compiler and linker.

---
> as you can see, i'm using boost 1.28.0
> can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? this has been
> driving me *INSANE* .. :/
Just follow the directions and your sanity will return.
HTH,
Dave