From: Chris Russell (cdr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-23 14:20:37

VC6 has limitations. Lots of uncharacterized weirdness dealing with complex
templated code and no support for partial template specialization. I haven't
messed around with the knight's tour example specifically but have been
actively building on top of BGL for a solid month now. But not with the
Microsoft compiler. I understand your concern about switching compilers. For
what's it's worth, I was in a similar position several weeks ago, and
decided that it was less risk to try the Intel 6.0 compiler on evaluation
than to try to duplicate the work and testing that has already gone into the
BGL. I'm glad I tried it. You might consider just *trying* the Intel
compiler before writing your own graph library! It took me 15 minutes to get
the Intel compiler installed and get code that was crash the MS compiler up
and running. I would think long and hard about writing your own graph
library... I tried, it got out of hand, and then I discovered the BGL...