From: Dale (dale.peakall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-19 12:09:48

> > By disabling the #error directive in the compiler configuration hpp
> > file, I'm surprised to see all seem to work fine. So my 1st
> question is
> > :
> > - Why such a #error directive ?
>
> Someone else will have to address this.

Is the #error directive "Thread Support Unavailable"???

If so...

Your getting lucky! You'll probably find runtime errors. The #error
directive stops you compiling programs that include Boost.Threads with
applications that use the single-threaded C runtime library.

Change your application settings to link against the multi-threaded
(debug) runtime library and the #error will go away and your program has
a chance of working correctly.

If you're not using the multi-threaded C runtime, you'll have problems
with any calls that store data within the C runtime, e.g. gmtime, strtok
(the list goes on). Even if you don't use these, you'll also have problems
because your malloc implementation won't be thread-safe.

If not then I'll let someone else address the issue (it will probably help
if you tell us what the #error message is).

        - Dale.