From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-27 06:31:52

> It's been a few years since I last played with codegaurd, or bcb for
> that matter. Is the vcl still tied to delphi?

Yes, but you don't have to use it if you don't want to...

> >and everything passes OK with the
> > following test program, can you verify that the program reproduces your
> > problem, and if not provide one that does. Many thanks,
>
> Ok I made the test and ran it giving "Illegal Instruction" as it's
> only output.

Darn, can you get a stack backtrace? What about without STLport?

> If need be I might be able to give you access to my own solaris box
> (similar config) via ssh. But of course I'd rather not unless
> necessary :-).
>
> Looking over the output the as out of memory is a bit disturbing, I'll
> have a look for patches etc.

Yes the regression test build failures are all down to:

1) No wide character support configured.
2) as running out of memory

Maybe updating binutils would fix that?

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm