From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-26 23:07:49

> I can live with InputIterator, but having RandomAccess (or, at least,
> Bidirectional) will simplify life significantly. Is there any chance
> you will consider this feature request for future development?

Sure, I'll put it on the list, but I expect it will be awhile.
Of course, I'm willing to consult if you want to take a shot
at doing this :-).

> So bottom line for this problem is: I was wrong talking about
> inefficiency -- there is a way to move few month at a time. The real
> problem though that I can't move iterator backward.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

> One more thing: it is quite inconvinient that it is prohibited to
> create a vector of dates. Do you have plans to make it vector
> compliant?
> Default constructor could initialize it to not_a_date for instance.

How about this:

  class yourdate : public boost::gregorian::date
  {
    //your default constructor here
    //copy the constructors you need from the base...
  };

The base classes don't have virtual destructors, but you will
be safe as long as you just create constructors. I've been loath
to create a default constructor since it is unclear what would be
the correct policy for this: not_a_date, negative_infinity, etc.
Interestingly, you are the first person to ask about this....

> Another little issue: there are few typos on the boost web site.
> Example "Print a month" looks garbled (probably transformation from
> source code to html failed).
> For instance:
>
> int
> std::cin >> year;
>
> and
>
> int eom_day = gregorian_calendar::end_of_month_day(
> date endOfMonth(year,month,eom_day);
>
> look odd.
> Don't know about other examples; did not have chance to study them
> carefully.

Thanks, these have been reported and are already fixed in CVS.

> Also under "Build & Compiler information" there is a typo:
> /boost/date_time/gregoran -- gregorian calendar system header files
>
> should be
> /boost/date_time/gregorIan

Thanks, will fix.

Jeff