From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-29 16:26:16

"Robert A. Reece" <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I put the following line in a file (it's the only line...)
>
> #include <boost/type_traits/is_convertible.hpp>
>
> And compiled as such:
> CC -I$BOOST temp.cpp
>
> Under both Forte 6.2u2 (running under Solaris 8) and Forte 7.0 (solaris 9),
> it produces the following:
>
> /hades02/pega/pegdevlcl/work> CC -I$PEGDEV3RD/boost/1.29.0 temp.cpp
> >> Assertion: (../links/init.cc, line 957)
> while processing
> /tsgnt1/pegdevsrc/3rd/src/boost/1.29.0/boost/type_traits/is_convertible.hpp
> at line 118.
>
> Has anybody else seen this? I checked the latest CVS archive and didn't see
> any updates to this file.
>
> The odd thing is that line 118 is blank.

I spent some time a while back trying to port some of Boost to Forte
7. It was a miserable experience; the compiler crashes and asserts
with very little provocation, so I'm not surprised to see it happening
here. I did get some parts working, though. The one hint I can give
you is to install all of Sun's latest patches; they've supposedly been
doing some in-house testing against Boost, and some things got better
when I used the patches. I'm not sure if they're investing in making
any released version of the compiler work, though. They may be
spending all their efforts on the upcoming version (of which you can
download a pre-release version from Sun).

HTH,

--
                       David Abrahams