From: Alisdair Meredith (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-10 08:41:35

John Maddock wrote:

> In the generic build instructions, the following appears under
> "Preliminaries":
>
> "Optional: if you intend to build the boost Regex library, with either
> Visual C++ or Borland C++, then there are makefiles that will generally give
> better results. "

Oops, missed that!

It might be useful to point out that you will actually get linker errors
from the default builds though, unless [I believe] you define
BOOST_REGEX_NO_LIB. It took me a little while to work out why my new
project wanted to link to a library that did not exist, rather than the
one bjam had built for me (and was added to my project)

Of course, it is entirely possible I am being quite slow about this, I
am laden under with issues surrounding the upgrade to BCB6 and perhaps
getting a bit snappy when something is not precisely spelled out for me
:¬ (

--
AlisdairM
Team Thai Kingdom