From: Markus Werle (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-27 16:19:14

> [Moderator: Do remember that Boost is a volunteer effort. No developer is
> obligated to fulfill user requests, and the motivation to do so is
> lessened by inflamatory remarks of this nature.]

OK, I retry to say what I mean in a serious way:

Wrapping _1, _2 and other placeholders into a named namespace takes
5 minutes and saves a us from a lot of name ambiguities.

Merging boost::lambda with similar parts of the boost lib will
take forever and is a task no one really wants to fulfill.

So IMHO the decision is easy.
Note that I am perfectly happy with boost, except for
the anonymous namespaces lurking around which I suspect to
_always_ give me some extra headache since it opens the
possibility for interference. Fortunately setting a prepro
name will take that one away, but IMHO it should be the other
way round. Your mileage may vary.

Markus