From: Louis Lavery (Louis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-05 07:41:41

----- Original Message -----
From: Tarjei Knapstad <tarjeik_at_[hidden]>
To: Boost-users <Boost-Users_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, 05 March, 2003 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: (from: [Boost-Users]) [BGL] Preconditioned color maps?

> On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 09:20, Richard Howells wrote:
> > Hi Tarjei,
> >
> > I can't claim to be really familiar with the graphs so this suggestion
may
> > be a non starter. ISTR that there is an adaptor/filter/view of some kind
> > that you can place on top of your base graph to allow just a subset of
> > vertices to be available. Could you apply your DFS to the filtered view?
If
> > so would that be the standard solution?
> >
> There is one major problem with the subgraph adaptor: to create a
> subgraph you need to specify all the vertices from the original graph,
> and the adapator then recreates the edges as they are found in the
> original graph. Those vertices are exactly what I'm trying to discover
> through my "blocked DFS" though, so the adapter solution leaves me at
> square one so to speak as I would still need my "constrained" DFS to
> create the subgraph adapter.

Not sure, but you seem to be saying you want to form a filtered
view with d and its subgraph effectively removed?

If so, then starting from...

       d-e-f
      /
 a-b-c w-x-y
      \
       g-h-i

...use connected_components() and the labels it creates to
create a filtered view of the component containing vertex c...

       d-e-f
      /
 a-b-c
      \
       g-h-i

...now filer the above to remove edge (c,d)...

       d-e-f

 a-b-c
      \
       g-h-i

...finally, use connected_components() and the labels it creates to
create a filtered view of the component containing vertex c...

a-b-c
      \
       g-h-i

Is that any use?