From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-31 13:18:12

On Monday 31 March 2003 06:17 am, John Fletcher wrote:
> System: Red Hat 8.0 with gcc 3.2
> Boost 1_30_0
>
> I have built the boost signals library using bjam.
> The test suite runs and passes all tests.
>
> How do I make the resulting libraries available to my own programs?
> Is there an equivalent of 'make install' which will move the results to
> somewhere from which linking is possible?

There isn't any equivalent to "make install" in Boost.Build, yet. However, you
might consider adding a stage target to put the binaries into a more
accessible location, e.g., the Jamfile might contain:

(borrowed from libs/thread/build/Jamfile)
    stage bin-stage
        : <dll>boost_signals
        : <tag><debug>"d"
        : debug release