From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-01 10:05:36

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 09:22 am, Michael Kettner wrote:
> This brings me to another point: I think it is extremely inconvenient to
> set STLPORT ROOT under Linux and STLPORT PATH under Windows as it is a
> source for errors like my one. Why couldn't you change boost-signals, so
> that STLPORT ROOT is used on all platforms (like BOOST ROOT, for example)?
>
> Michael

I see (from stlport.jam) that both STLPORT_PATH and STLPORT_ROOT are supported
on the GCC side, but STLPORT_ROOT is marked deprecated. Looks like you can
use STLPORT_PATH in the same way on Linux and Windows:

    path ?= $(STLPORT_$(version)_PATH) ;
    path ?= $(STLPORT_PATH)$(SLASH)STLport-$(version) ;
    path ?= $(STLPORT_ROOT) ; #<< For backward compatability.

This is more of a Boost.Jam/Boost.Build question, because the Signals library
itself doesn't know the difference between STLport on Windows or on Linux per
se. They generally prefer that Jam-related questions go to
jamboost_at_[hidden] but usually answer questions here as well.

        Doug