From: Stephen W. Carson (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-05 10:44:32

"Bobby Thomale" <bobby-thomale_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hey guys,
[...]
> Secondly, the Signals library is not compiling. It's actually not a
Signals
> problem, I think it is a type_traits problem.
>
> I am getting a bunch of strange compile errors, in a boost::type_traits
file
> called: is_base_and_derived.hpp
>
> It looks like there is a template near the top that is the first thing
that
> fails. There is a define that goes into an alternate implementation for
> certain broken compilers. Perhaps CodeWarrior needs to be added to the
list
> of compilers that compiles the "broken compiler" version of the stuff in
> this header?

    We are seeing the same problem trying to use tokenizer.hpp with
CodeWarrior on the Mac. Again, errors in is_base_and_derived.hpp on lines
that use type_traits. Here's an example:
********
Error : ')' expected
(included from:
object_traits.hpp:25
compressed_pair.hpp:23
compressed_pair.hpp:20
iterator_adaptors.hpp:124
token_iterator.hpp:15
tokenizer.hpp:21
Book.h:5
Archive.h:4
Archive.cpp:1)
is_base_and_derived.hpp line 113 static type_traits::yes_type check(D const
volatile *, T);
********

    People do seem to be using boost with CodeWarrior on the Mac so surely
we just need to tweak the correct setting, right? Somebody?

--
Stephen W. Carson
DirXion Software