From: Hossein Haeri (powerprogman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-09 17:18:59

Dear Mark,

> This whole line of questioning has that "homework
> assignment" smell to it.
> The initial question was _highly_ school-related:

Sorry but you are totally wrong as I have passed the
courses I mentioned several years ago. You may want to
do a search within the following page, that is the
webpage of department of Computer Engineering, in
which
I have passed the course:

http://sina.sharif.edu/~ceinfo/

I don't know if there are still some information about
the course, as it is finished several semesters ago,
and as it was not meant to be used in test someone to
sea if one is lying or not. I have passed this course
with Dr. Ghodsi, who I don't know if you know.

> The utter lack of background detail leads me to
> believe that this is just a
> toy problem... a homework assignment.

Suppose that you are right. What does then it mean to
you? Why are you making such a noise with that long
letter? Does it suit you?

> And then
> there's the yahoo email
> address... most proffesional programmers have
> @mybusiness addresses, though
> that doesn't mean everyone here is a proffesional.

You are right. But what does this reasoning serve for
you?

> > Why don't I write it myself? Simply, because I
> want to
> > optimise the time!
>
> How is waiting a week or so for some mailing list to
> hand you an answer
> "optimizing the time"?

How did you know that I'm still waiting for a good
answer from the group? Are you still sure? Don't you
think that writing even this low-level piece of code
may encounter problems that make us to spend lots of
time fixing a subtle bug inside it? Even then, the
most
important problem is what I wanted was that I didn't
want to reinvent wheel. Isn't this optimising time?
And I think that you may know, just like any other guy
on the list, that any assignment has a period. The
more low-level the problem is, the less time it will
have. So if I just wanted to do my assignment, it
would be most likely that I didn't wait till a short
period.

> This has just been bothering me, I felt the need to
> speak out. If I'm
> wrong, then I offer my heartfelt appoligies.
>
> This may be what Mr. Hyslop was trying to dig at,
> I'm just not a patient or
> subtle person. And I don't mind appologizing for my
> mistakes (lots of
> practice, as you might imaging with this sort of
> behavior).

At the end, I don't still understand that if you were
right this message would be plausible. Anyway, if you
have any doubt about my profession, you can visit the
following webpage:

http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/authorpage.asp?AuthorID=89189

(Don't try to click on the link, just copy/paste it.)
You may ask for me from several C++ experts, including
the followings:

Herb Sutter, Andrei Alexandrescu, Scott Meyers, Andrew
Koenig, Nico Josuttis, Danny Kalev, ...

Just do a google search with my name. My full name is
"Seyed H. Haeri."

Regards,
--Hossein