From: adutoit (adutoit_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-10 09:01:12

It is not a compile-time error, but rather a run-time error.
Ie. if I compile any program which utilises boost::to_simple_string with any
optimisation whatsoever; it simply aborts at the point where I do my
function call to "to_simple_string". That is irrespective of my using a
type date or ptime as the function argument...

I must stress again that "to_simple_string" works fine when I compile it in
Linux.

O, another question I have. Where do I disable Unicode support (wchar_t
usage in fact!) alltogether for Boost?

Previously I had great fun with lexical_cast.hpp which utilised wchar_t
versions of some of the streaming operators because I had a silly UNICODE
define as part of my project options. The solution was to use /Zc:wchar_t
project option in M$VC6.

But UNICODE defined caused problems in network browsing code I used which
`normally' returned a LPSTR instead of the LPWSTR if UNICODE is defined.
Long story. I did a temp hack in lexical_cast.hpp by
# define DISABLE_WIDE_CHAR_SUPPORT
#undef BOOST_NO_INTRINSIC_WCHAR_T
and getting rid of the redefinition of BOOST_NO_INTRINSIC_WCHAR_T.

Now is there a way to do this cleanly, compile-time so that I do not need to
keep on hacking the source code?

Greetings,
Andre.