From: Jon Stewart (stew1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-10 11:37:55

> I am not that big expert in CppUnit. If you could provide a feature
> list for CppTest I may do feature by feature comparison. But from
> what I view after perfunctory look on docs the feature lists seems
> incomparable. Though again I may be wrong.

Hi Gennadiy,

I'd be happy to provide you with a feature list. It may take a day or two.

Boost typically provides libraries that beat the pants off anything else
out there, and I'm sure that you're working to make Boost::Test the best
unit testing framework available for C++. However, unlike many of the
other libraries that Boost provides, a reasonably functional and popular
substitute (CppUnit) existed. I'm curious as to what led you to write your
own rather than contribute to CppUnit and try to get it incorporated into
Boost (similar to how Spirit was incorporated)? Do you have different
design goals for Boost::Test?

cheers,

Jon

--