From: Adalbert Perbandt (adalbert.perbandt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-16 08:08:35

Hi there,

a colleague of mine tried to build the Boost::filesystem library (from
Boost 1.30.0) under Sun SPARC Solaris7 with the Forte6.2 aka Sun
Workshop5.3 compiler and got this failure:

>> Assertion: (../links/init.cc, line 972)
    while processing /opt/boost_1.30.0/boost/type_traits/alignment_of.hpp at
line 45.

He investigated this problem and found out that defining the
preprocessor macro BOOST_NO_INCLASS_MEMBER_INITIALIZATION would solve
this. So we changed the boost/config/compiler/sunpro_cc.hpp at line 33
as follows:

# if (__SUNPRO_CC <= 0x530) || !defined(BOOST_STRICT_CONFIG)
# define BOOST_NO_INCLASS_MEMBER_INITIALIZATION

Now we can compile the filesystem library successfully. Could please
one of the experts comment on this change or maybe include this in the
next release?

Regards,

Adalbert Perbandt.