From: Vladimir Prus (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-23 00:03:59

Hi Frank

Frank H wrote:
> Environment: Windows 2K, MSVC 6 SP5, Boost 1.30.0
>
> I'm new to BGL ( 2 days experience ) and am trying to use the connected
> components graph. My implementation seems to be OK for my small test case
> ( 10 verticies) but when I run my "real data" through it ( 15000
> verticies) I get a stack overflow error. I note that there is a patch in
> the sourceforge CVS for the dfs algoritm which implements a non-recursive
> solution from dgregor that I understand will avoid the stack overflow.

That's should be so. Small correction: nonrecursive dfs was implemented by
Bruce Barr.

> naively downloaded the "depth_first_search.hpp" V1.35 from the CVS and of
> course it doesn't compile.

Yea, since there are some other changes which affect more files. I suggest
that you take the difference between version 1.33 and 1.34 and apply it to
the version for 1.30 release using "patch".

For convenience, you can grab the diff at
http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/depth_first_search.hpp.diff

But wait a minute. Before you start playing with patch, try getting

http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/vendor/local/boost/boost/graph/depth_first_search.hpp

and checking if it works for you.

HTH,
Volodya