From: Frank H (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-23 01:32:23

Hi Vladimir.
Thanks for the help!
See interpersed comments.

Regards
Frank

"Vladimir Prus" <yg-boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hi Frank
>
> Frank H wrote:
> > Environment: Windows 2K, MSVC 6 SP5, Boost 1.30.0
> >
> > I'm new to BGL ( 2 days experience ) and am trying to use the connected
> > components graph. My implementation seems to be OK for my small test
case
> > ( 10 verticies) but when I run my "real data" through it ( 15000
> > verticies) I get a stack overflow error. I note that there is a patch in
> > the sourceforge CVS for the dfs algoritm which implements a
non-recursive
> > solution from dgregor that I understand will avoid the stack overflow.
>
> That's should be so. Small correction: nonrecursive dfs was implemented by
> Bruce Barr.

My sincere apologies to Bruce. I was mistakenly looking at the author field
in
the directory shown in the CVS web browser ( I'm a novice with CVS as well
:-) ).

http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/vendor/local/boost/boost/graph/depth_first_search.hpp

> and checking if it works for you.

I tried the file from your URL above but it seems to be identical
to the version downloaded with the 1.30 release ( no non-recursion support).
(Tried it anyway but same problem.)

I will try to work with the diff as you suggest although I don't have the
"patch" facility
( at least don't know how to do it on my Win2K system ).