From: Dan Muller (yg-boost-users_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-18 08:00:16

In article <41B553DE6D81D5119AD90050DA7ACF702E62E6_at_PDCSERVER>,
administrator_at_[hidden] says...
> Dan,
>
> The date_time.lib library is a static lib. The built date_time.dll actually
> has no exports in it, so for VC purposes is useless. I would say don't
> worry about it, and just use the static lib.

Thanks, Dale, this is exactly what I needed to know. I was starting to
worry that I didn't understand DUMPBIN's output, which would be
worrisome since I've been using it for years. :-)

> On a side note, has anyone been working on placing built items into a common
> directory, say <boost_top_dir>/lib?
>
> If not, I have a patch that should help alot.

Sounds like an excellent idea. I'm assuming that on Windows, the boost
build would then follow common conventions so that libraries built with
different characteristics (debug vs. non-debug, multi- vs. single-
threaded, etc) had different names. (I haven't been following boost
build developments lately -- is this a topic of ongoing changes?)

[text elided]

--
Dan Muller
"So that's what an invisible barrier looks like!" (Time Bandits)