From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-25 17:29:35

Markus Ruettimann <toomy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hi all
> I'm an enthusiastic user of boost since quite a long time. I used
> MSVC6.0 so far.
> How ever, I changed to cygwin g++ 3.3.1 for project reasons.
> I have succesfuly built the latest STLPort version (4.6) and I also
> use it successfully.
>
> How ever, I am not able to build the toolset gcc-stlport. There are
> errors in the threadding
> lib and elsewhere, and such ugly things as "to long path names" errors
> in the console.

Can you please post the exact command you're using to build with, and
a few of the error messages?

> Does anybody know how to build this toolset and link them together as
> one static lib?
>
> I use boost-1.30.2 with cygwin g++ 3.3.1 on winXP professional.
>
> PS: When I build the bjam stuff, what builds without any errors, it
> uses the MSVC compiler (the output it creates looks like this).

Like what?

> Is this a problem?

It's fine to build bjam with MSVC as long as you're using it from a
windows command-prompt. If you intend to build from a Cygwin bash
command-prompt, you need to build bjam from within Cygwin.

That said, I'm not sure why everyone seems to want to rebuild bjam
when they could download prebuilt binaries.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting