From: Hans Merkl (hans_merkl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-06 09:35:50

Hi,

I am porting a project that uses regex from Visual Studio 6 to Visual
Studio .NET 2003. It works fine with VS6, but now I am getting linker
errors:

TestConsole.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall boost::reg_expression<char,class
boost::regex_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char>
>::~reg_expression<char,class boost::regex_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >(void)"
(__imp_??1?$reg_expression_at_DV?$regex_traits_at_D@boost@@V?$allocator_at_D@std@@@
boost@@QAE_at_XZ) referenced in function _main
TestConsole.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall boost::reg_expression<char,class
boost::regex_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char>
>::reg_expression<char,class boost::regex_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >(char const *,unsigned int,class std::allocator<char>
const &)"
(__imp_??0?$reg_expression_at_DV?$regex_traits_at_D@boost@@V?$allocator_at_D@std@@@
boost@@QAE_at_PBDIABV?$allocator_at_D@std@@@Z) referenced in function _main

I have changed the C-runtime library settings, I have set
BOOST_REGEX_STATIC_LINK to make sure I link against the static version, but
nothing worked. Looking at the error messages, it seems I am still linking
against the DLL version (dllimport).

Does anybody have regex working with .NET 2003?

Thanks

Hans Merkl