From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-03 07:05:55

> I'm trying to use boost::regex 1.31.0 (the v4 source code) on MSVC++6
(sp5),
> but whenever I compile a project using the new code I get an internal
> compiler
> error in perl_matcher_common.hpp and no object is built.
>
> I want to use the new v4 code (the older v3 code works, and I'll use that
if
> have to) but this file is quite important... is there something I can do,
or
> does it not work with VC6?

It certainly should, that's a compiler I test with regularly. However there
is a known problem with some of the #pragma's when used with VC6, and
certain types of precompiled headers - you'll find some guidance here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107586&aid=891544&group_id=7586.

John.