From: Kevin Wheatley (hxpro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-21 04:16:03

Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> I noticed that when using thread::join and the thread has already completed,
> at least on Mac OS X using pthreads, pthread_join returns EINVAL, thus
> triggering the assertion res == 0. Is this intentional or a bug?

I think this is intentional as the same occurs for all 3 platforms
Threads supports (personally used on Win32 and Linux). I'd prefer to
see the return codes from the various platforms turned into a platform
independent error code but I'm not sure what the various possibilities
are and if they are small enough to be usefully consolidatable into
true platform indepenant codes. You can of cause compile in release
mode with the assertions turned off, but its a pain when debugging.

I tried asking about this on the developer list but I guess people are
busy (isn't everybody :-) or ignoring me (paranoid!).

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |