From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-23 05:54:33

> I am new to boost. I was planning on using stlport for its
> debugging. However, I now realize that much of the info. I have read
> on libstd++ is dated. Using gcc 3.3 it seems like boost is better
> suited to libstd++(based on reading regression tests, and mail
> threads). Are most who use gcc and a lot of boost using libstd++
> over stlport(these days)?

Boost should work equally well with either (but don't forget that you will
need to build Boost against STLport if that's the way you want to go).
However GNU libstdc++ has progressed to the point that it is probably as
well implemented as STLport now: it even has a special debugging mode with
"checked iterators" just like STLport does.

HTH,
John.