From: David McKelvie (david_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-23 09:53:59

>> That shouldn't be the case - I don't see that behaviour here anyway - note
>> that this is obsolete code anyway, is there any way you can upgrade to 1.32?
>>
>> If you want me to investigate further can you
>>
>> 1) reproduce the behaviour with 1.32.
>> 2) Let me have a reproducible test case.
>> 3) Check that it's not a call to std::distance that seeking the iterator to
>> the end (it shouldn't be).

Hi, Thank you for your helpful email. I have downloaded Boost 1.32 from sourceforge
and installed it. The behaviour of the program under Boost 1.32 is what I expected
and what I wanted i.e. regex_search no longer seeks to the end of the iterator before returning
the first match.

So, problem solved.

I have a test program (132 lines) which demonstrates this problem, and
shows that 'almost' the same code produces different results under
Boost 1.32 and Boost 1.30 (The almost is ...

      #ifdef BOOST_VERSION_1.30
        boost::regex::flag_type flags =
      #else
        boost::regex_constants::match_flag_type flags =
      #endif

)

If this is of interest I can post the test program to the list.

   Thanks, David