From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 14:58:54

On 4/26/05, Jwahar Bammi <bammi_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I dont understand the need for the "Proposed Boost logging library". A
> perfectly good and flexible logging library exists in the form of log4cxx,
> which is much more flexible than the proposal, has a ton of tools,
> appenders, is compatible with log4j/log4net etc etc (for those of us who
> live in multiple worlds). log4cxx is going through a almost complete
> rewrite, but is still eminently usable. see
> http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/

>From that web site:

"log4cxx-0.9.7 can be downloaded from
http://logging.apache.org/site/binindex.html. At this point,
log4cxx-0.9.7 is substantially out of date, has known serious
deficiencies that have been resolved in the CVS, and should be avoided
for new code"

There have been no official releases since 0.9.7, so I'd say that it
being "eminently usable" is debateable. I am also of the mind that
the various 1:1 ports of log4j to C++ carry too much baggage along
with them.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com