From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-06 12:24:00

Chris Hoeppler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> using a current boost download from cvs, I encountered the following
> build problem: the iostreams build seems to somehow pick up the names
> of the source files of the serialization lib. I am appending the head
> of the bjam output. Any idea what's going on here?

Hi,

Although I'm the author of iostreams, I don't know much about bjam, so I'm not
sure what's going on. When I run bjam from the iostreams build directory, it
works fine. You might try defining the variable NO_COMPRESSION -- which I guess
should be IOSTREAMS_NO_COMPRESSION -- to tell bjam not to look for zlib and
gzip. The compression filters are the only part of the iostreams library which
are non-trivial to build, and they have caused some problems in the past, which
I didn't understand, but which went away by themselves.

Jonathan