From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-06 08:07:50

On Jun 2, 2005, at 10:52 PM, Brian Campbell wrote:

> I'm trying to build boost (boost_1_31_0) as a dependency for monotone
> <http://venge.net/monotone/> on Mac OS X 10.4 (tiger). I'm doing this
> using gcc-3.3 because monotone doesn't work properly with gcc 4.
> Following the instructions in monotone for how to build boost, it
> tells me to do this:

Our support for Mac OS X wasn't all that great in 1.31.0; I think it
should work. We're getting better now that more developers are using
Mac OS X as their primary development machines, although Tiger is so
new that it might not support it perfectly yet.

> So, I'm wondering what I need to do to get boost to build on darwin.
> Can anyone give me some help?

You need to pass "-sTOOLS=darwin" on the bjam command line. Darwin is
different enough that we have a different compiler configuration
("toolset") for it.

You might have better luck with Boost 1.32.0.

        Doug