From: Aaron Griffin (aaronmgriffin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-26 14:31:19

On 9/26/05, Richard Kaiser <junk1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Can anybody tell me, which of the Boost libraries need libs (usually
> created with bjam)?
>
> As far as I can see, for most of the Boost libraries source code
> #includes are sufficient. For them, installation step 1 from the
> "Getting Started"-page is sufficient. Or do I get something wrong?

If you build the whole shebang from scratch you can see which
libraries need libs and which don't.

In addition, you can look at this file list here:
http://archlinux.org/packages.php?op=files&id=5997

The /usr/lib entries will have all the libs with a standard boost
build.... I did the hard work for you... the following libraries
require .so/.a libraries:
boost_date_time
boost_filesystem
boost_iostreams