From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-23 14:10:51

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:23:39 -0200, Renan Polo Montebelo wrote
> Thanks for all the replies and sorry for my slow response. You're
> all very kind.
>
> After several tests, the problem is clearly the Borland C++ 5.5.1 Compiler.
> Everything works fine in GCC, even under Cygwin.
>
> The problem may be the compiler itself or the Build Jam for the
> Borland compiler(several compiling errors). Well, in any case I'm
> switching to GCC definitely.

This seems like the right conclusion -- I think somehow I missed you were
using this old compiler. The regression tests have all moved on to the
Borland 5.6.4 compiler awhile back -- so you may have uncovered a new problem
we introduced in 1.33. Even with 5.6.4 the Borland support is only partial --
and the alternative i/o idea I suggested in the last mail definately won't
work. Anyway, you can see from

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_33_0/user/date_time.html

that there's alot on 5.6.4 that doesn't work. Switching to gcc is a good
approach -- it's basically supports everything except for wide character i/o.

Jeff