From: Jeroen Akershoek (jeroena_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-24 04:59:40

Jeff Garland wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:18:26 +0100, Jeroen Akershoek wrote
>

>So maybe you can first say which libraries you intend to use? Many of the
>libraries are header-only, so for those you don't need to even take this step
>-- just include the headers in your source and go. That would just circumvent
>the whole issue. Second, if you only needed on built library (say
>boost.filesystem) you could just build that one and ignore the rest. You can
>do this by changing directory to BOOST_TOP/libs/<libname>/build and running
>bjam. Or you can run bjam --without-<library>

I have no idea actually. I'm trying to build the VRjuggler suite and it
specifies "requirements: boost" :)
No specifications in the documentation either (as far as I could find).
And since I'm not very keen on browsing
through all the source at the moment I'll just build as much as possible

>Without more context I think it will be hard for us to help you track the
>errors down -- for example, which file is being compiled, etc...

Yup, sorry, my bad :)

First error:
  The indicated type is incomplete.
     std::basic_istream<charT> m_is; // stream for
parsing numbers.

boost/regex/v4/cpp_regex_traits.hpp, Line = 440

Included <istream> somewhere in the top...

Second error:
  The indicated enumeration value is out of "int" range.
      enum npos_type { npos = (size_type)-1 };

boost/test/utils/basic_cstring/basic_cstring.hpp, line 60

I just used the IBM workaround for now, but maybe the enum is there for
a reason?

Third error:
  #error directive: "Compiler threading support is not turned on.
Please set
          the correct command line options for threading: -D_SGI_MP_SOURCE"
in boost/config/requires_threads.hpp, Line = 51

Matter of finding out where to set it. I'll go through some docs again I
guess.

>http://www.boost.org/tools/build/v1/build_system.htm

Ok. I'll take a look at that then and see what I can figure out

Thanks

Jeroen

--
Jeroen Akershoek
SARA - High Performance Computing & Visualisation dep.