From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-17 16:24:42

Mike Gibson wrote:
> On 1/12/06, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> Can one calculate covariance and simple linear regression (correlation,
>>> intersection, slope)?
>>
>> Not yet, but adding new statistical accumulators is pretty easy. Patches
>> would be graciously accepted.
>
> I'm working on converting a median accumulator algorithm I wrote a
> little while back to your framework.

Great!

> It does however require some
> parameters to optimize the performance. How is that handled in your
> framework?

I'm actively working on the docs, updated daily at
http://boost-sandbox.sf.net/libs/accumulators. In particular, have a
look at http://tinyurl.com/dpzmt.

Basically, you'll use named parameters from the Boost.Parameters
library. Have a look at how order_impl is implemented to accept the
cache_size named parameter.

I need to add an Extensibility section to the docs that describes this
in detail.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting