From: Paul Giaccone (paulg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-23 04:36:58

Paul Giaccone wrote:

>>How can you deal with a corrupt file when using filters?
>>
>>This works fine if the file is as is required, but if it is corrupted in
>>any way, the program either hangs or crashes at
>>
>> if (s->strm != strm) return BZ_PARAM_ERROR;
>>
>>in bzlib.c, with s as a pointer that cannot be read (set to 0xcdcdcdcd).
>>

>So how can I catch a problem at the bzip2 stage?

Is this a bug in the bzip library or in boost::iostreams? The crash is
in BZ_API() (), which comes from from bzip.c. This function is being
called from bzip2_base::end(), which is part of the boost::iostreams
library.

If someone would like to test this, I can provide the file that causes
the problem. I'd like to know whether I should be posting this problem
to the makers of bzip instead.

Thanks.