From: Jens Theisen (jth01_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-23 14:26:00

monade wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using vc.net with a tool called "Visual Leak Detector". [...]

I found the explanation in the archives of this list.

The VLD isn't reporting a genuine leak but the allocation of a singleton.
This dynamic allocation isn't freed, but it will always be only one
allocation, so it's not a leak.

This leaves two questions, however.

1. Why the VLD is not reporting the non-deallocation in case of using
automatic storage for boost::thread rather than dynamic. As far as I can
see, this shouldn't make a difference. In fact, there as now way for
boost::thread to tell which storage class it has.

2. How you can tell VLD to stop complaining about this particular non-
deallocation.

I'd be interested in the answers, but I can't help you on that since I
don't have this platform.

Jens