From: monade (monade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-23 15:40:18

Jens Theisen schrieb:
> The VLD isn't reporting a genuine leak but the allocation of a singleton.
> This dynamic allocation isn't freed, but it will always be only one
> allocation, so it's not a leak.

Ok, it may be no memory leak, but only a harmless resource leak (as
Alexandrescu calls it in his singleton chapter), but I don't like it
anyway (my own singletons does not leak).

> 2. How you can tell VLD to stop complaining about this particular non-
> deallocation.

It's not a problem of VLD, every memory leak detecting tool I used
reported leaks with the test code.

For me it's a matter of following two big guidelines:
1. always compile warning free
2. always exit without memory (/resource) leaks

So I can't get used to this kind of harmless leak.

Thanks for your help.