From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-27 01:58:01

I made it as an example on how to extend the library by deriving from an
existing
archive. To "finish" it would require implementing serialization of
floating point
types in a portable manner and this turns out to be a non-trivial task.
Implementing
this would be too much work and would sort of compromise illustrative value
of the example.

There have been proposals to finish it from time to time but no one has been
sufficiently interested to actually do it.

Of course there's nothing to prevent you from using it even though its not
"part of the library".

Also note that I prefer to consider the "archive" part of the serialization
library as an "archive construction kit" of with the included archives
are just useful and convenient examples. So from this standpoint
there is no really argument for including or excluding any particular
library.

Robert Ramey