From: Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-01-27 02:20:00

Hello Robert,
I think a 'finished' protable_binary_oarchive/ protable_binary_iarchive
would be very useful for network applications (passing message
structures -> header, body, trailer).

I'm not familiar with boost::serialization (my first look into it) - I
see some specializations of load for integral types an a templated
member function for all others.

Serialisation for std::strings and chars are supported in a portable
manner?
Only floating point types have to be implemented for portability?

Oliver