From: Elisha Berns (e.berns_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-04 14:51:51

Well even simple functionality would be very useful:

1) The ability to set read/write/delete access to the
file/directory for other processes.
2) The ability to get an OS specific handle to the
file/directory from the Boost.Filesystem lib so that
you can then manipulate file permissions yourself.
For example, a method signature like
boost::file_handle get_filehandle() where
boost::file_handle is a typedef per OS. But that
would totally break encapsulation for all the iostream
libraries, right?

Elisha

--- Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]>