From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-08 07:07:14

"Nicola Musatti" wrote:

> I'm trying to gauge the number of Boost users that are actually using an
> older version of the libraries because they have to use a compiler
> that's not supported by more recent versions of the libraries they use.
>
> As for myself, I work on a project where Borland's BCB6 is used and
> we're stuck with Boost 1.31 mostly because more recent versions of uBlas
> do not work with our compiler.

I am able to use latest Boost libraries with BCB6
out of the box (serialization plus dozen of others).
I periodically check the CVS whether anything got broken.

However I am offloading as much functionality as
possible from BCB to VC++ since BCB randomly
crashes when a project grows too big.

As for ublas: wasn't it possible to extract 1.31 ublas
and replace the new version? I know how nasty this
is but Boost releases are only twice a year.

/Pavel