From: John Spicer (jspicer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-02 16:52:25

Has anyone had any luck getting a serialized object (created using boost
binary serialization) between two different platforms? I am currently
using binary serialization on 32 bit & 64 bit machines without issue.
However, passing the serialized objects between the two platform types
fail. The serialized classes themselves support interoperability, and as
such it appears that the serialization libraries themselves do not. I am
assuming they are storing some type of meta data along with the payload?

Any thoughts on how to do this and keep with binary serialization?

-- John