From: Sascha Friedmann (sascha.friedmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-01 05:06:38

Robert Ramey wrote:
> This means there is a bug in the serialization library.
>
> The question is - what is triggering this bug.
>
> So it would be interesting to know more information:
>
> version of boost
The boost version is 1.33 in the version.hpp the BOOST_VERSION is
defined as 103300.
> compiler
The compiler is vc7.1
> operating system
The operating system is Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack2.

> Do we know for a a fact that the archive file has not been edited or
> corrupted.
It has not been edited and for corrupting I'm sure that it has not been
corrupted (is there a way to recognize corruption of a text archive?).

> Do we know for a fact that the serialization code hasn't been changed -
> including
> different serialization traits for any types - since the archive was
> created?
I did not change anything. The archive is created and then I reload it
immediately (of course after closing the file). And approximately it
works 3 of 5 times, when running the program 5times (without rebuild).
The old archive is always deleted when creating the new one.

> Any other information.

It seems that the serialization fails only when I have still messages in
my program intern message system (only the serialization of the message
system fails). The message system consists of a manager for messages and
listeners. In my testing code I'm storing several hundred events and
then deserializing them (into a new message system) and processing them.
I've looked over my serialization code several times and I could not
find any errors. I've also changed my testing code but it just keeps
failing.
> Robert Ramey

Sascha Friedmann