From: Scott Ribe (scott_ribe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-24 17:34:43

I have an application that depends pretty heavily on Loki::Functor,
including some extensions/fixes I've made. That works great.

But I want to use smart pointers more extensively (in particular I have a
need for weak references), and so before I go further with advanced template
use, I'd like to switch to Boost, since it's being actively developed.

Can anybody point me to a reference comparing Loki's Functor's to Boost's
function wrappers? I'm ready to dive into "Beyond the C++ Standard Library",
but first I'd like to know if there's anything like a guide for moving my
current code. (I only use other parts of Loki very lightly, BTW.)

In addition to figuring out the straight substitution of one library for the
other, I have to cope with the modifications I've made to Functor:

- they can be "null" in the sense of not being bound to a function call and
throwing an exception if called (so that they can be embedded in a class and
assigned a value later)

- there are initialization forms, and corresponding macros, that record the
file & line where a functor is created, and log invocations

- they can wrap method calls to Objective-C objects

Heh, the last one reveals a bit about the platform I'm developing for ;-)

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe_at_[hidden]