From: Constantin Bryzgalin (constb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-25 06:05:27

Hello,

> Can anybody point me to a reference comparing Loki's Functor's to Boost's
> function wrappers?

Well, last version of Loki (0.1.6) includes 'Function' that 'Allows a boost/TR1 like usage of Functor'. It's pretty close to what you may expect from boost.function.

> In addition to figuring out the straight substitution of one library for the
> other, I have to cope with the modifications I've made to Functor:

> - they can be "null" in the sense of not being bound to a function call and
> throwing an exception if called (so that they can be embedded in a class and
> assigned a value later)

It's already in Loki. You just have to define LOKI_ENABLE_FUNCTION. This adds bool empty() and void clear() to a Functor and bad_function_call exception.

Is there a reason to not use boost types with Loki Functors?

--
Constantin Bryzgalin
http://www.oneclicktools.com